TOPIC: THE PARABLE OF THE WEEDS!
TEXTS: MATTHEW 13:24-30
- The farmer represents God who is the Great Shepherd and Bishop of our souls.
- The good seed or wheat represents the righteous ones that will inherit God’s kingdom.
- The weeds represent the evil ones that are reserved for the everlasting lake of fire.
- Night is synonymous with darkness full of evil and wickedness.
- The workers here represent Bishops, Apostles, Pastors, Evangelist, etc., who are constantly working in God’s vineyard.
- The field represents God’s vineyard which covers the entire universe.
- The enemy represents Satan, the devil who is also the thief.
- The harvest represents the end-time judgment.
- The harvesters represent God’s angels.
- The workers sleeping at night reveals man’s total weakness and limitation.
- The wheat and the weeds growing side by side reveal that both the righteous and the evil ones will dwell together until the end-time judgment.
- It is not the duty of the workers: Bishops, Apostles, Pastors, Evangelists, etc., to judge but to show love and nurture both the righteous and the evil ones.
- The final judgment belongs to God only. He alone determines those that will be saved and those that will be condemned into everlasting lake of fire. Shalom!