THE PARABLE OF THE SOWER!
TEXTS: MATTHEW 13:3-8; MATTHEW 13:18-23; MARK 4:3-8; LUKE 8:5-8.
- The sower represents the preacher of the gospel of salvation to mankind, and Jesus Christ is the Chief Sower of the gospel of salvation.
- The seed represents God’s Word that brings salvation to mankind.
- The wayside represents the path of distraction that leads one to hell.
- The stony ground represents the heart of flesh that cannot retain God’s Word of salvation.
- The thorns represent the cares, worries and anxieties of life that infest and destroy one’s body and soul.
- The good ground represents the heart that is full of the Holy Spirit. This is the heart that bears fruits worthy of repentance; some thirty, sixty, ninety and even hundred fold.
- This is the heart every Christian should desire to have and grow with the seed daily which is the Word of God. Shalom!